1) Cinti S., Transdifferentiation properties of adipocytes in the Adipose Organ. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2009 May 19.
2) Cinti S, Barbatelli G, Murano I, et al. The Emergence of Cold-Induced Brown Adipocytes in Mouse white fat deposits is predominantly determined by white to brown Adipocyte Transdifferentiation. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2010 Mar 30.
3) Cypess A, Lehman S, Williams G, et al. Identification and importance of brown adipose tissue in adult humans. N Engl J Med. 2009 Apr 9;360(15):1509-17. View source
4) van Marken Lichtenbelt WD, Vanhommerig JW, Smulders NM, et al. Cold-activated brown adipose tissue in healthy men. N Engl J Med. 2009 Apr 9;360(15):1500-8. View source
5) Nedergaard J, Bengtsson T, Cannon B. Unexpected evidence for active brown adipose tissue in adult humans. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2007 Aug;293(2):E444-52. Epub 2007 May 1. View source
6) Fat loss in the cold—a controlled study
W. J. O'Hara, C. Allen, R. J. Shepard, and G. Allen View source
A Visual Explaination
Want to learn more?
Click on the button to download a
PDF that puts the science in pictures.